Which blinds are best for the kitchen?
In today’s modern household, the kitchen is often the centre of the home. We spend a lot of time in the kitchen, whether we are doing simple household chores or entertaining family and friends.
Blinds can bring colour and style to your kitchen, as well as providing shade and privacy. We can advise you on the best type of blinds for your kitchen and get the best possible fit for the space.
Before you think about fabrics, colours and finishes, you may want to think about the best style of blind for your kitchen. You have a wide range of choices:
Types of Kitchen Blinds
- Roman (fold/concertina – similar to an accordion)
- Venetian (individual horizontal slats in wood or hard aluminium)
- Roller (simple and stylish, but with endless design possibilities)
- Pleated – ideal for awkward situations and shapes
- Vertical, woven wood, or panel blinds
- Blinds for Velux windows
- Vision Blinds – made from a revolutionary fabric, which alternates mesh and solid fabric panels, allowing complete control of light and privacy.
- Motorised blinds (ideal for those hard-to-reach places)
- Perfect fit blinds – fit snugly into the window or door recess & move with it.
- Hygiene Ultrafresh – adds an antimicrobial coating that inhibits growth of odour, mould, and mildew
- Blackout blinds
- Fly Screens
Washable fabrics with protective coatings
We not only offer a large range of blind types, but for kitchens we have waterproof, flame-retardant, anti-bacterial and solar protective fabrics available to help with clean down and hygiene. The thing to keep in mind is that the kitchen can be a busy place, and you will want to make sure you can keep them looking clean and fresh.
One solution we offer is washable fabrics with protective coatings. Ultrafresh, for example, have fabrics with a coating that stops moisture penetrating the fabric. You don’t have to choose between practicality or aesthetic either, as Ultrafresh have these protected fabrics in both plain and patterned designs.
Ultimately, we can help you decide on what’s best for you, your needs and your space. One of our experienced team will visit you at home to look at the space and take measurements for you.
The range of fabrics to choose from at Norwich Sunblinds is extraordinary. We are not tied to any one supplier, so can order in from a range of UK fabric suppliers. The fabrics can be chosen to match or contrast, either way what you have is up to you!
Customising your kitchen blinds
You can even customise the laths (the straight piece at the bottom of the blind). You can add beading or a narrow braid. If you don’t want to have a Lath, you can choose a café rod can add detail and shape to the bottom of the blind with intricate finials for example. Cord pulls are also available in different decorative colours.
Combined with our knowledge, experience, and great customer service, the result will be a stunning set of blinds for your kitchen with our 5 Year guarantee.
Book a consultation – we will visit you at your home to discuss options, advise on the best solution for your windows, and can show you a range of samples.