Blinds and curtains inspired by the Colour of the Year 2021
The Pantone Colour of the Year 2021 is not one, but two colours: Pantone 17-5104 Ultimate Gray + Pantone 13-0647 Illuminating, a warm, sunny yellow shade. The Pantone Colour Institute website says this is: “A marriage of colour conveying a message of strength and hopefulness that is both enduring and uplifting.”
You can expect to see both colours in fashion and interior design over the coming months. These stylish hues are ideal for blinds and curtains. You could choose fabrics that pair yellow and grey or perhaps you prefer one colour over the other, either way with Norwich Sunblinds you will have lots of choice when it comes to fabric. Here are a few ideas from our team on how to channel grey and yellow in your soft furnishings.
5 ways to channel the Colour of the Year 2021 in your blinds and curtains
There is so much scope with the Colour of the Year 2021. Go bright and bold, understated and neutral, or a sophisticated combination of both grey and yellow. These colours work well in a print or a block colour. The choice is yours. Whether you want to go for a classic look or something more contemporary, our team at Norwich Sunblinds can help you find the right fabric for your blinds and curtains. Here are our top picks:
- Be bold
- Be inspired by ‘Illuminating’ and go for a sunshine yellow. This vibrant colour creates a positive ambience and will work in any room in your home. Yellow is ideal for kitchen blinds, living room curtains, children’s blinds and bathroom blinds. If you don’t want to go all out bright, you could try a more subtle shade, like a pastel colour. Need help finding your perfect yellow? Not sure whether to go for roller blinds, pleated blinds or vertical blinds? Contact us, we’re here to help. With over 40 years’ experience making, measuring and fitting blinds of all kinds (and curtains too!) there isn’t much we don’t know at Norwich Sunblinds.
- Choose nautical stripes.
- What better way to show off the classic combination of grey and yellow than in nautical stripes. The two colours balance each other perfectly. Stripey fabrics are ideal for bedroom curtains, home office blinds and blinds for the living room. If you need some style inspiration contact the Norwich Sunblinds team, we’ve created blinds and curtains for a wide range of homes from stylish city pads to cosy country cottages. We’d love to help you create yours!
- Feature the colour of the year in those finishing touches
- At Norwich Sunblinds, we believe that the finishing touches can make all the difference when it comes to blinds and curtains. We offer a huge range of curtain poles and options for curtain tie-backs, meaning you can add that all important final detail to make a style statement. Take the colour of the year, adding a yellow curtain pole to grey curtains will immediately elevate the look.
- An accent of colour is ideal for people who would like to introduce a bit of colour to their home interiors but on the whole prefer a more understated style. When it comes to curtain poles, you can choose from wood and precious metal finishes with gorgeous finials, including glass, mosaic and precious metals.
- Go retro
- Bright colours are synonymous with the 1970s. A retro print featuring yellow looks great in a contemporary or traditional home. Try choosing a combination of grey and a sunshine shade to bring a fabric design up to date.
- Whether you fancy geometric designs, bold florals or a ditsy print, we’ll have a fabric to suit. You’ll be spoilt for choice. As an independent family business, we stock a wide variety of fabrics by some of today’s leading suppliers. Contact us to find out how we can create your retro style blinds and curtains.
- Keep it sophisticated with neutrals
- We couldn’t finish on a better colour! Grey is a top choice for home interiors, a new neutral that is here to stay. Blinds and curtains in shades of grey create a sophisticated look and will not date. We make soft furnishings too, so if you want to have coordinating or contrasting cushions, we can help you create the complete look for your home interior.
Although Ultimate Gray and Illuminating are the Pantone Colour of the Year 2021, hues of grey and yellow are always a popular choice. You can enjoy blinds and curtains in these shades for years to come. Get in touch, we’re here to help you find the best blinds and curtains for your home.